We are super excited to announce the general availability (GA) release of JV-LinkDirectory 5.15 version today to all our customers. JV-LinkDirectory 5.15 is a huge change in terms of code commits, testing and redesigning, and it brings in some very exciting new features and changes to the directory on your Joomla website. Here is a quick recap of the significant ones that have been introduced.
Round up of New Features!
- Coupon Code Feature - You can now have listing owners add and display coupons to their listings in site directory. This effectively transforms your directory to a Coupon directory!
- Pinned listings (earlier called Sticky listings) can now be offered as a new paid service to your customers. You can create purchase plans and users can purchase them to pin their listings to the top in your directory category pages.
- Listing Plans specific extra fields. You can now create custom fields that are specific to certain listing plans only. For example, you can create certain fields like opening hours and closing hours, phone number etc... only for higher level plans.
- Change to Maps Design and introduction of MapQuest and OpenCage as alternatives to Google maps.
- New Coupons module - Allows to show coupons from listings in a nice and elegant way on your site.
- We have now completely integrated JV-ShrinkTheWeb functionality into JV-LinkDirectory. This means that you do not need JV-ShrinkTheWeb anymore if you are planning to use it only for displaying thumbnails in your directory. Once you upgrade to 5.15, please ensure that you revisit the Thumbnails Preview configuration in JV-LinkDirectory and fill them up, without which thumbnails will not come up.
- Users can now renew their listings from frontend before they expire!
- You can now style listings of specific plans so that they stand out.
- You can now set a max cap on number of listings that can be associated with a listing plan
- New intuitive workflow for publishing listings in the directory
- New utility added to re-generate tag aliases in backend
New Frontend Language Translations!
JV-LinkDirectory frontend language files are now available in 20 languages viz. Chinese Simplified, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Persian, Finnish, French, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, and Swedish.These are machine translated files which you can review and revise based on your needs. It gets you onto speed instantly as they are automatically installed when you install JV-LinkDirectory.
There are several other enhancements and bug fixes that have gone into this release. Please refer to the 5.15 Release Notes for details. The release notes contains details about the new features, enhancements, changes, and bugs fixed. It also has details about the language strings that have been added, modified and removed in 5.15 GA version. If you do manual translations of files, then please ensure that you refer to this list before making changes.
Beta Testing Closure and Feedback
Changes to JV-LinkDirectory Packaging and Pricing
We have also made significant packaging and pricing changes to JV-LinkDirectory. With more features and effort spent on developing and maintaining JV-LinkDirectory, its integration and associated extensions cost, and with development for Joomla 4 coming up very soon, we have increased the price to US $99 per year. This is to ensure that we are able to support further development in the middle of uncertain and trying times.Nevertheless, to make sure that our customers get the best deal for the buck, we are including JomSocial and EasySocial integration packages with the main JV-LD Download package. Thats a savings of USD 20 each per year, and now it is a part of JV-LD purchase. JV-ShrinkTheWeb need not be purchased separately if you intend to use it only for displaying thumbnails in JV-LinkDirectory. That's another savings of $15 per year. We have also increased the yearly renewal discount from 30% to 35% going forward. I hope you will understand and appreciate this change.
Customers can now download JV-LinkDirectory 5.15 from My Account - My Purchases page!. We are updating the documentation for the new features and changes. It is a huge list, and it is going to take a week or two max to get it done. Appreciate your patience till then.
Please use our ticket system (Powered by JV-HelpDesk Pro) for your technical queries and support. Assuring you of our best services all the time.
Stay Safe and Take care!