We are excited to announce the release of JV-PostMaster 3.5 to the Joomla community. With JV-PostMaster 3.5, you can now automatically or manually create pins in one or more of your Pinterest boards with images and texts from your Joomla articles, K2 items, EasyBlog posts and JV-LinkDirectory listings.
Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, and discover new interests by posting (known as 'pinning' on Pinterest) images or videos to their own or others' boards (i.e. a collection of 'pins,' usually with a common theme) and browsing what other users have pinned.
You will be able to configure the message format and article categories when posting to your specific boards in Pinterest. Pins can be created with article image (main article image or first image embedded in content), a note and optionally a link. Note will be decided by the post message which can be a combination of pre-defined text, or any article tag values like title, description, meta data description etc.... A link tag when added will automatically link the pin back to your website.
Following is the list of significant changes introduced in JV-PostMaster 3.5:
- Added Pinterest as the new social media account provider to which you can now post pins!
- Streamline ES posting to show title (predefined) and message (msg and desc)
- Compatibility with EasySocial 2.x
- HTML in raw message can be posted to ES, JS and Tumblr. It will be stripped out while posting to Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
- Post updates of Easyblog post that is associated with multiple categories instead of only the primary category.
- Help text for EasySocial posting has been added to auto posting screen in backend.
- Retry logic in posting has been enhanced significantly with provider accounts letting the caller know whether the message needs to be retried or not.
- Introduced debug log rotation
We thank our customers who participated in beta testing and provided valuable feedback. As promised, we have extended their active subscription by 1 month. Customers can now download the new version from My Account - My Downloads area, and upgrade to JV-PostMaster 3.5!