Offlate we have been doing some heavy work for the next version of JV-LinkDirectory - 5.1. New features have been added, major refactoring of code for performance enhancements have been implemented and many bugs have been fixed in this version.
Some of the changes and new features include:
- EasySocial Integration for JV-LD.
- One way link plans enhancement - Introducing concept of fallback plan for links after link expiry, decide on what happens to link after it expires, ability to select a default plan via backend for links.
- Option to show or hide home page banner.
- Add link form redesign in frontend.
- New Module to show keywords of links.
- Ability to store and show links in multiple languages.
- Store website recommendations in db. Admin can now view the recommendations from JV-LD backend.
- Ability to select one way link plan while adding link via backend.
- Module class suffixes for modules.
- New currencies added for support in JV-LD PayPal plugin.
- Installation and un-installation simplified to a great extent.
- Alert the user if he has enabled 1-way plan but not created a plan in backend.
- New option to capture html meta title instead of using page title.
- Major database refactoring.
Development testing is in progress for a few more features which we will disclose in the coming days. We take this opportunity to invite our customers for beta testing JV-LD 5.1 as soon as the first beta is released. We will be adding 3 months of free upgrades, support and online documentation for those customers who will participate and provide beta feedback. Note that beta releases are not meant for production/live websites. We plan to release the first beta by 24th Feb 2014 :)
We request those who wish to join the beta program to make the request as a comment to this blog post so that we can add them to the beta group and notify them about beta start, schedules, bug fixes and news. Those who are already a part of the beta group may get the latest beta related news, share feedback and track the progress at the beta feedback forum.
Updated on 19th February 2014:...