Redirecting a website could be the most important link for an individual who is having troubles with two separate pages with same names. Most of the website owners fear that such a situation could lead to their site being marked as spam by the SEO. Redirecting a website basically allows an individual to prevent their website from being directed to the infamous 404 Error Page.
URL redirects and SEO are deeply interconnected. For people who don’t know, if a website deals in several products and has dedicated separate pages for each of the products, it makes perfect sense to engage URL redirects and SEO. URL redirects should ideally be employed in situations when the webmaster has shifted the content from one page to another but does not want the viewers to be greeted with an error message. In such a situation, the viewer can be redirected to the new webpage, without him having to type any new URL.
In case the URL are not implemented correctly, it is possible that the error message, such as 301 and 302 are flashed on the viewer’s screen. These arise when:
- Error 301 is flashed when the URL is permanently shifted to some other page and is not incorporated in the HTML code
- It could also appear if the user has a corrupt redirection chain.
- Error 301 could also flash if the web server software is defective
Error 302 occurs under these situations:
- If the webpage has been moved only temporarily, this error might flash on the screen.
- This is basically a looping error, requesting the system to redirect the page to a new page where the content has been shifted
- It is necessary to incorporate the alternative URL in order to avoid this situation
A lot of people try to redirect their website to other pages. What they don’t realize is that it could often result in major losses. This is because most of the virus infected sites try to redirect the web crawler from the desired page to some remote page which could have undesirable content or advertisements on it. Thus, rather than being listed in the SEO list, the website could be banned altogether and be removed from the competing list of SEO.
There are several ways through which URL redirects and SEO results can be achieved. Some of the most common methods include:
2. One of the easiest methods of engaging in URL redirects and SEO is via investing in parked domains. The owners of the websites can choose an additional domain name which can be made the central point of the DNS servers. Thus every time that a web crawler will type any other additional domain name, he will be automatically redirected to the main page. This technique, however, should be use with caution as it could also result in the SEO displaying the same search results twice, leading to spam