We are very happy to announce the release of JV-ContentLinks 3.1.100 today, which is compatible with Joomla 2.5.x. We have also introduced the concept of Resource Packs in JV-CL. JV-CL can replace keywords with links and also advertise on keywords. JV-CL supports these features in two modes – Partial and Native support for 3pd components.
With this release, Resource Packs for com_content and com_k2 have been provided to the Joomla community. By default, resource pack for com_content is provided for free, with the purchase of JV-CL. Other resource packs must be purchased first.
Mootools 1.2.5+ is a minimum requirement now for JV-ContentLinks for Ajax related operations to work. If you are upgrading, then please uninstall the existing “Content – JV-ContentLinks” plugin and then install and enable the resource packs.
K2 is now natively supported by JV-CL. Not just that, users can now highlight text from article using their mouse and the selected text will be automatically chosen for advertising. This feature can be turned on/off in backend.
Following is the list of changes introduced in this version:
- Joomla 2.5 compatibility
- Ability to restrict the number of replacements per keyword for site-wide and article-wide scopes
- Moved the content plugin parameters to component configuration
- Copyright 2011 info changes
- Updated dashboard links
- Replaced shrinktheweb.com with snap.com for mouseover snapshots
- Requires Mootools 1.2.5+ from now on
- MyBlog compatibility on Joomla 1.5 – There is no need to add com_myblog to partial support, as it is now natively supported in JV-CL via com_content
- Native support for com_k2 on J1.5 and J2.5