We are super excited to announce the release of JV-HelpDesk 2.4 version to all our customers today. There are 2 releases - one for Free version and another for the Pro version. We have introduced many exciting features among a long list of changes introduced in this version. The latest feature to join the wagon in Pro version include integration with Community Builder. Keep reading to know more...
Community Builder Integration
JV-HelpDesk Pro provides a powerful integration with Community Builder, the popular community extension for Joomla. Following are the features of this integration:
- The user avatar in tickets will be linked to the user profile in Community Builder
- The user profile in Community Builder will now have a new tab called "Tickets" which will show the list of tickets owned by the user. Private tickets will be shown only if the user who is viewing his own profile. Otherwise only Group and Public tickets will be shown.
JV-HelpDesk 2.4 Major Features
Following are the major features and enhancements included in 2.4 version release today.
- Group Tickets - Users of the same Joomla user group can view and reply to tickets
- Ability to mark a reply as confidential in Public and Group Tickets
- File Downloads - Provide file downloads facility to Help Desk users
- Blurbs or Canned Responses for Staff members
- Comprehensive Permission based matrix system
- Integration with Community Builder
- Allow super users to access any ticket from front-end or back-end
- Options for categories to decide the type of tickets that can be created in them viz. Private, Public or Groups
- Ability to create template file overrides - Applies to Free version as well
- Ability to view tickets of a specific chosen category in front-end in view ticket list
- Ability to allow certain user groups to select priorities while creating ticket and changing priority for a ticket
- Associate email addresses to categories so that they are notified when new tickets are opened in them
- Option to enable or disable tags
- Option to enable or disable sending emails
- Show number of open, pending, and other status ticket count in dashboard (except for Closed status)
- Disable a category for selection for new ticket when that category does not allow any ticket visibility
- Show all public tickets including those created by logged in user in Public Discussions tab as well
- Show all group tickets including those created by logged in user in Group Discussions tab as well
- Option to use short or long url in emails
Beta Testing Closure
This has been one of the longest beta for us at jv-extensions.com. There have been a total of 24 tickets opened in the beta versions (beta 1 to beta 4) and it ran for 65 days. The product has evolved during the phases thanks to our customers who volunteered for beta testing. I would like to give a special shout-out to Hideto whose contributions with beta issues really helped us introduced many new changes. As promised, we will be issuing a 20% coupon code to all beta testers by email in the next 2-3 days.
All customers who have active purchases of JV-HelpDesk Pro can now visit My Account - My Purchases to download the latest 2.4 version of JV-HelpDesk Pro. Customers of the free version can download the product from the product detail page.
We have also made a small change on the name of the editions for JV-HelpDesk. We have renamed the JV-HelpDesk Business Edition to JV-HelpDesk Pro, and JV-HelpDesk Personal Edition to just JV-HelpDesk (or Free version). All your purchases of Business edition have been renamed accordingly.