We are pretty excited to let our customers know we will be launching the beta version of JV-LinkDirectory 4.9 on 14th May 2012. There have many objectives for this release, but our main focus was on improving reciprocal link exchange and fining tuning SEO for the product. The beta versions are not suitable for production or live sites. As always though our betas are usually stable, we request you to always test it on testing sites only.
The list of changes/features introduced in JV-LD 4.9 are:
- JV-LinkDirectory 4.9+ Will NOT work with Joomla 1.5 or earlier versions. Works only with Joomla 2.5+
- A package consisting of all extensions except component and CB plugin can now be installed with one click! No need to install them separately one after the other.
- Ajax based installer/upgrader for JV-LD component
- JV-LD will henceforth use the Joomla Global Config option – “Unicode Aliases” to decide to whether it should transliterate or use the title/sef_string as it is
Reciprocal link exchange:
- A banner profile will henceforth also link to partner, just like link title. This is required, for banner exchange verification from some partners
- A separate configuration screen for self profile management in backend has been introduced, instead of clubbing with basic/core configuration
- Ability to load a self profile banner from a direct URL location like own site or CDN etcâ€¦
- BacklinkAnywhere Plugin – This plugin introduces the capability to display a partner link in any page of your website. This is for those partners who insist that their link be added to certain pages of your website.
- HTML code can be provided while adding reciprocal links for partner profiles in jv-ld backend.
- For text profiles:
- When this is done, the html code will be shown instead of title and description in “All category links” page of the category, which is the backlink url for all links in that category
- Link title and description will be shown as usual everywhere else.
- If html code is provided, description need not be provided.
- For banner profiles,
- When this is done, the html code will be shown instead of title and banner, in “All category links” page of the category, which is the backlink url for all links in that category
- Link title and banner will be shown as usual everywhere else.
- If html code is provided, banner need not be provided
- For text profiles:
- New option to show first image or random image from photo gallery as the thumbnail image instead of fetching it from stw/websnapr. This opens up JV-LD to be used as a generic directory and not just the link directory
- Redirect to partner sites without creating redirect urls
- JReviews integration with JV-LD
- Configurations for Rating and Reviews have been clubbed together
- The category pages will henceforth be tabbed. The first tab will show the listings as usual and the second tab will show a google map of the listings in that category
- A WYSIWYG editor has been provided for inputting directory offline message
- Link descriptions in back-end now have WYSIWYG editor. You can add html content to it via the editor
- New Broken link checker utility.
- A new field has been added to links to enable providing meta description for them
- Added noindex robots meta tag for all category links page, so that, the page is not indexed
- Duplicate titles removed
- Duplicate meta descriptions removed
- Added canonical link to all category links page to point to page1, to prevent link juice from flowing off
- Breadcrumbs – Last bit does not now link on to itself
- Fix – Reviews are not linkable in module
- Fix – STW Browser Cache issue
- Fix – Thumbnails appear outside the div box
- Fix – Bug in all category pages
- Change – The website url in basic configuration would be taken automatically and is no more configurable
- Change – Made JV-LD CB Plugin Installer compatible with latest CB version
As always, we are waiting for your feedback! All further notifications about the beta version will be available in this blog post as comments!