After a slightly prolonged beta testing, we are pleased to announce the release of JV-LinkDirectory 5.3.0 to the Joomla community. JV-LD 5.3.0 is a major release in terms of the number of new features it brings in. We have been discussing significant ones in a series of blog posts here, but here is the big list of all features included in this release:
- Integration with CComment for commenting on directory listings
- Integration with Komento for commenting on directory listings
- Latest Comments module for JV-LinkDirectory
- Multiple locations for a listing and display them in Maps.
- Integration with Thumboo for Thumbnail Previews
- Integration with Picoshot for Thumbnail Previews
- LinkExchange Connect Service (LECS)
- Microdata for listing detail pages
- Enhanced Post Payment Processing
- Keywords/Tags and SEF for Tags
- Restrict number of keywords/tags per listing
- Multiple One way Free Plans and Enhanced Add Link Menu/Screen
- Individual Map Configuration for Category and Detail pages
- Gravatar in Modules
- Configurable Text in Connect Now Banner
- Category Description in Pages
- K2 Integration with JV-LinkDirectory
- New Style for Bootstrap 3.2.0 and compatibility with T3 framework.
- Option to show info window on markers by default in Google maps
- load bootstrap css and js options has been added to advanced configuration.
- Styles can now be upgraded.
- Assign default style with a single click
- Ability to install and upgrade a new style with new parameters
- Edit style parameters, override config parameters
- New recent links with n articles to display home page style
- Link to submit feature requests from backend
- Thumbnail Generation - Ignore aspect ratio set to 1 when height is given, to ensure images are created as per given dimensions
- Upgraded phpthumb to 1.7.13
- Community Builder 2.0.2 compatibility
- Better CSS customization for styles
- Comparison table for add link is now responsive.
We are in the process of updating the documentation for 5.3 version and this should be completed in 3-4 days.
Important Style Changes:
New Style "defaultbs3" - We have created a new style - defaultbs3 which provides a responsive layout style for JV-LD and it needs Twitter Bootstrap 3.x version to function. This must be used when your Joomla template is loading the Twitter Bootstrap 3.2 or 3.x versions. This style is not automatically installed when you install JV-LD. This must be downloaded separately and installed from the Styles section in JV-LD backend.
Similarly the "legacy" style that came bundled with JV-LD has to be downloaded separately and installed from the Styles section in JV-LD backend.
When you install JV-LD, the "default" style, is automatically installed. This style provides a responsive layout style for JV-LD and it needs Twitter Bootstrap 2.3.2 version to function. This must be used when your Joomla template is loading the Twitter Bootstrap 2.3.2 version, which is the default for Joomla 3.x.
With this release we are officially concluding the beta testing for JV-LD 5.3. We sincerely thank all our customers who took that extra effort in improving the quality of JV-LinkDirectory 5.3 with their feedback. As promised we will be extending their existing JV-LD subscription by 4 months for free, in the next 3-4 days.
Hope you like the new release. If you are happy with our product and support, kindly spend a couple of minutes to rate and write a short review of the same at Joomla Extensions Directory @ https://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/ads-a-affiliates/text-a-link-ads/9460. This will go a long way in spreading the word about JV-LinkDirectory in the Joomla community.