Today, we have released the beta version of JV-PostMaster component 2.2, modules and resource packs for Joomla! and K2 to our JV-PM customers. This is a beta version and we request our customers to refrain from using the same on live sites. Nevertheless, if you are compelled to do so, then you may please take a backup of all your files in Joomla! and database, before upgrading your live sites with this beta version.
New Minimum Requirement:
A new minimum requirement has been added to JV-PM from this version onwards – It needs mootools 1.2 which is by default available in Joomla! 1.6/1.7. For Joomla! 1.5.19+ versions, you must enable "Mootools Upgrade System Plugin" that is available in Joomla! 1.5.
If you are using a version less than Joomla! 1.5.19, then please upgrade to atleast Joomla! 1.5.19 or later and do the above.
Some of the important features in this release are:
- Joomla! 1.6 and 1.7 compatibility
- Post to JomSocial (manual/automatic) when articles are saved in Joomla! and K2
- Simplified the upgrade process. From now on, you can just install the component, modules and plugins on top of existing installations to upgrade
- Number of characters to post to facebook in status field is made configurable
- Number of characters to post to facebook in description field is made configurable
- Content – Ability to post "meta description" to Facebook, Twitter
- Content – Ability to add description to twitter messages
- Content – Will not post, when article being saved, is not in publishing period
- K2 – Ability to post "meta description" to Facebook, Twitter
- K2 – Ability to add description to twitter messages
- K2 – Will not post, when article being saved, is not in publishing period
K2 is still not available for Joomla! 1.6/1.7 and hence JV-PM will work with K2 only on Joomla! 1.5.
Existing customers can now download the beta versions from the Downloads area from this website. You may please share your beta feedback in JV-PM support forum at, http://www.jv-extens…-jv-postmaster/