Subscribe to MailChimp newsletter when user registers in Joomla
MailChimp is a simple email marketing software (EMS) which gives you a number of easy options for designing, sending and saving templates of your emails. You can create email lists, add subscribers to the list, send and monitor emails, and track responses.
JV-MailChimp is a free Joomla plugin that provides a Joomla – MailChimp integration. With JV-MailChimp you can add a ‘Subscribe to Newsletter’ option in the Joomla user registration form (create account page). When a user opts to subscribe, JV-MailChimp will handle the communication with your account at MailChimp, and add that member to your list. This is unobtrusive to the user and happens behind the scene.
- Easy, effortless and seamless integration.
- Super easy installation and simple configuration.
- Increase your user base at MailChimp by prompting user to subscribe at the time of user creation on your website.
- Uses the latest MailChimp v3 API for interactions with MailChimp.
- Professional support from developers of the product.
- Joomla 3.4+
- PHP 5.4+
- MySQL 5.5+
- Free or Paid account at MailChimp.com
- User Account Creation Integration! – Subscribe to your MailChimp mailing list when user creates an account in Joomla. You can decide the mailing list to subscribe to, and the fields to use from the user registration form for the subscription signup.
- Email Format Selection – As the administrator, you can set the format of the emails (HTML or Text) that users will receive. Alternatively you can configure such that users decide the format when they sign up in your Joomla website.
- Auto Unsubscribe – As administrator, you have the option to automatically unsubscribe the user from the mailing list at MailChimp, when that user is deleted in Joomla.
- Single Or Double Opt-in – Administrator can decide to use double opt-in or single opt-in method for subscription signups. Single opt-in adds the user instantly to the list, while in Double opt-in, the user has to confirm his subscription via email before he/she can be added to the list.
- Profile Fields Mapping – One of the critical features of JV-MailChimp is to let you map different Joomla user profile fields to your mailing list fields while subscribing. For e.g., you can map First name, name, date of birth etc… with your list merge fields and the values from the profile will be automatically used for the list merge fields. This avoids the need to create additional fields in your Joomla registration form, just for your mailing list.
Support this Free Software
JV-MailChimp is a free Joomla extension, and the team behind JV-MailChimp maintains it to give back to the Joomla community.
Please consider supporting us by providing a nice little feedback at Joomla Extensions Directory. This will keep us motivated to develop this software even further.